Monday, July 23, 2012

GREAT SALADS



I received a text message from a friend the other day asking for ideas on what to bring to a wedding potluck reception (interesting - potluck for a reception, great idea especially if you are on a budget.) So I suggested a salad. Everyone loves a great salad especially in the summer. Salads are easy to make with very little prep time and you can be done in 30 minutes or less. Below are some of the suggestions I sent her.


Roasted Garlic, Olive and Tomato Pasta Salad
Roasted Garlic, Olive and Tomato

Pinned Image
Shrimp Cervice


Italians avert your eyes: caprese salad with balsamic reduction
Caprese Salad with a Balsmic Reduction

Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad #shrimp #mexican #sidedish #cobb #salad #cilantro
Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad
If you are anything like me what I serve the salad in is just as important as the salad...LOL. Below are some of my picks for serving dishes that I think are fabulous. A variety of different serving dishes can be found on my Pinterest page called "The Dish" you should check it out.

Pig Serving Dishes | World Market
Pig Serving Dishes
(WorldMarket.com)

glass jars as serving dishes.  LOVE.
Simple Glass Container - Love the Multifunctional Use
(Target.com)
I love wooden serving dishes!
Classic Wooden Bowl - My Favorite
(GingerandPickles.com)


sea serving dishes and plates
Sea Serving Dish
(Completely-Coastal.com)

Do you have great salad ideas? Please share I would love to know what they are. Have a great dish you love to serve in? Send me a pic on instagram at mdpevents.